School, Payment and MVA Policies
Payment Options: We Accept Cash, Check, Credit or Debit Cards
1. PAY IN FULL BY THE FIRST DAY OF CLASS PRICE IS ONLY $299 (CLASS SPACE IS LIMITED, PLEASE PLAN AHEAD, SIGN UP IN ADVANCE)
2. Payment Plan - Minimum Deposit of $49 To Hold Your Spot. Make Payments For Up To 3 Months (Incurs a $36 Payment Plan Fee, **PaymentPlanTotal$335**) Payment Plans as low as $25 Per Week
3. Pay With Paypal Credit and Get the Cash Price $299 Plus 6 Months To Pay With No Interest
4. You Do Not Need A Paypal Account To Pay Online With A Credit Card
MVA AND SCHOOL POLICIES:
1. Each student has the right to a certified competent instructor, knowledgeable about the curriculum and traffic safety issues. With that right each student has the responsibility to arrive prepared and on time for every class without such distractions as talking or text messaging on cell phones, being disrespectful to the instructor, or talking with other students in class.
2.Each student has the right to be taught the entire 30 hours of classroom instruction in an informative, interesting and challenging manner. With that right each student has the responsibility to be attentive and actively participate in every class.
3.Each student has the right to experience the full 6 hours of behind-the-wheel driving instruction as required in the curriculum. With that right each student will listen to the instructor and not drive in a negligent or dangerous manner.
4.Each student has the right to be treated in a courteous, civil and respectful manner. With that right each student has the responsibility to be polite and respectful to the instructors at all times and to be willing to accept positive criticism to help achieve driving success.
5. Each student has the right to attend class in a clean, safe, secure, temperature-controlled and fully equipped classroom that meets the local fire and building codes and MVA requirements. With that right each student has the responsibility to respect the property of the driving school by not defacing or destroying equipment or vehicles.
6. Each student and parent/driver coach has the right to visit the driving school, see the instructor's license and certification, and observe any class session including in-car sessions, in which his/her student is included. With that right each parent/driver coach has the responsibility to refrain from interfering with the instruction, classroom or driving, while the class is in session.
7. Each parent/driver coach and student has the right to have the driver education program, including both the 30 hours of classroom instruction and the 6 hours of required driving time, completed within 18 weeks of the first day of class. With that right each parent/driver coach has the responsibility to take an active role in his/her student's driver education by monitoring all progress, communicating with the driving school and/or instructor, and practicing with the student driver if he/she has a learner's permit.
8.Each parent/driver coach and student has the right to place a complaint with the Motor Vehicle Administration regarding problems associated with the driving school or the instructor (The number to call is 410-424-3751). With that right each parent/driver coach and student has the responsibility to pay the driving school promptly for the driver education class and to alert the owner or manager of the driving school about any problems or complaints before contacting an outside agency.
1.What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
2.What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3.The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
4.How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
• See what data we have about you, if any.
• Change/correct any data we have about you.
• Have us delete any data we have about you.
• Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Drive On Time Driving School Policies:
- 1.)Office Hours: are 11:30 – 5:30 Mon – Fri Office Phone Number is: 443-944-5288
- Calls to our office before or after business hours may not be answered. Payments and scheduling should be done with our business office during business hours, NOT DURING CLASS TIME.
- 2.)Behavior: Proper behavior is expected at all times. Bad language, swearing, disrupting the class (this includes, but is not limited to, side talking and texting in class), failure to obey instruction and failure to participate in instructed activities WILL RESULT IN EXPULSION FROM CLASS.
- 3.)Attendance and Participation: Failure to participate, pay attention and avoid distractions such as cell phone and/or talking in class and/or arrive on time for class WILL RESULT IN EXPULSION FROM CLASS. This is your notice, there is not enough time to do parent teacher conferences in a two-week classroom course. If students are allowed to return to class, all missed time must be made up. Missed time may include physically missed time and/or distracted time.
- 4.)Passing the final exam and driver evaluation with an 80% is required to successfully complete course.
- 5.)Additional Driving Lessons: may be purchased at the individual session rate in the event that a student does not pass the driving portion of the course. Completion of the 60-hour practice log is essential to avoid the cost of additional lessons. To pass students will be required to demonstrate competence in the following skills behind the wheel:
- a.Driver preparation, pre-drive procedures and proper securing of vehicles
- b.Smoothly entering traffic, slowing and stopping
- c.Proper response to signs, signals, markings, intersections and right of way
- d.Changing lanes in traffic and merging on the expressway
- e.Angle, perpendicular, parallel parking and backing into a driveway and parking space.
- 6.)Make up days: If classes are missed, students are required to make up the class/unit that was missed in an upcoming class to complete Drivers Ed. Students will be notified of upcoming class dates in writing once, after that, it is the students' responsibility to acquire class dates and show up at appointed time(s). Missing 12 hours of instruction will result in the requirement to repeat the course.
- 7.)Make up days: You may not take the final exam until you have completed all 9 of the previous classes.
- 8.)Make up days: In the event you are unable to attend a regularly scheduled class, individual ( 1 student/1 instructor ) 3 hour classes may be scheduled for make-up days for $150.00 per 3 hour session. Must be paid in advance to schedule. Call the office to pay and schedule.
- 9.)Late for class: students up to 15 minutes late will stay after class to make up time and work missed. Students more than 15 minutes late for class will not be admitted to class. Students who do not stay late or who are not admitted into class for lateness will have a makeup day that is required for course completion.
- 10.)Course Cancellations and Postponements: If classes are cancelled/postponed due to bad weather or other circumstances you will be notified by phone, text or email. Drive Time, Inc. will use the contact information that you provide to accomplish this and provide you with updated course schedule information. Upcoming course schedules may be viewed online at www.driveontimeschool.com
- 11.)Fees: Driver's Ed. 30 hours of classroom and 6 hours behind the wheel - $335
- 30 Hours Classroom Only - $200 6 hours behind the wheel only - $270
- Individual Session Rates: 3 Hours Classroom Only - $25/per class
- 2 hours behind the wheel only - $100/per driving session
- Drive Time accepts cash, checks, Visa or MasterCard.
- 12.)Tuition and Assistance: Payment in full is expected on or before the first day of class unless payment plan is agreed upon in advance. Minimum deposit is $49 for payment plans. No driving appointments will be scheduled until tuition is paid in full. Drive Time, Inc. may offer a cash discount to students who pay in full by the first day of class (i.e. $310). Student who carry a balance due after the first day of class are on a payment plan ($335.00). Students not paid in full within six months will incur a $25 late fee. Students not paid within one year may be required to retake the classroom portion of drivers ed.
- 13.)Refund Policy: If a student chooses to withdraw or is expelled from Drive Time prior to completion, upon receipt of written notice of intent to withdraw or expulsion. Drive Time will bill all completed behind the wheel and classroom training time at the individual session rates. Students who withdraw or are expelled will receive written documentation of training completed. If the value of funds paid exceed the cost of training billed at the individual session rates, then students will receive a refund within 15 days of Drive Time, Inc's. receipt of written notice of intent to withdraw.
- 14.)Final Exam: Students must achieve a passing grade on the final exam to pass the course. Students are allowed retake the final exam if they do not pass. There is a $50 fee per additional attempt(s) to pass the final exam. The final exam may not be taken twice in one day. Retake attempts must be scheduled when an instructor is available. The $50 fee will be waived if the student elects to retake the final exam at a time that the final exam is already being offered to a class in session.
- 15.)Pick up for driving sessions: driving sessions begin and end at Drive Time, Inc. branch offices per MVA rules. Drive Time Inc. offers pickup at high schools for driving sessions for free. Drive Time, Inc. offers pickup at home for $25 per driving session.
- 16.)Pick up for class: Drive Time, Inc. offers pickup from local high schools for class on a limited basis per our class schedule. The cost of this service is listed by school on our website.
- 17.)Driving appointments: Can be scheduled by logging into student accounts at www.driveontimeschool.com or by calling 443-944-5288.
- a.Driving may not be scheduled until the students' balance due is paid in full.
- b.Driving may not be scheduled to start until the classroom portion has been completed (unless participating in the accelerated program)
- c.By law students may not schedule more than one driving appointment per day.
- d.By law students must complete 6 hours of driving with instructor to complete driver ed.
- e.Driving appointments may be re-scheduled with minimum 24hrs notice.
- f.If you fail to attend a scheduled appointment you will be charged a $39 no show fee. This includes:
- i.Making an appointment even though a balance is due, your account will be charged $39 if you cannot pay the balance and drive.
- ii.Forgetting to bring your learners permit to a scheduled appointment your account will be charged $39
- iii.Calling the same day to cancel an appointment, your account will be charged $39
- iv.If you fail to show up for a scheduled driving appointment, (NO SHOW, NO CALL) all future driving appointments will be cancelled and you will be charged $39 which must be paid prior to rescheduling any drives.
- v.If you are more than 15 minutes late, your driving session will be cancelled and your account will be charged $39
- vi.No show fees will be added to the balance due and must be paid prior to scheduling more driving appointments
- 18.)Cheating: Cheating offenses will result in expulsion from class.
- 19.)Fees: Drive Time, Inc. will withhold instruction required for completion if unpaid tuition or fees result in a balance due.
- 20.)Completion and MVA notification: You will receive a written completion certificate when all classroom time and behind the wheel lessons are completed satisfactorily. Drive Time will also submit an electronic record of completion to the MVA. Your electronic record of completion will be available at any Maryland MVA branch 3 business days after course completion.
- 21.)Class Pictures: Drive Time reserves the right to use pictures taken during classroom and/or driving sessions for training and marketing purposes.
- 22.)Video: for the protection and future training of both students and instructors in-car dash cam video may be taken, viewed, reviewed and used for training and marketing purposes.